Systems Architect/Engineer offering 15-year experience in the design, management, and support of Microsoft environments, virtualization, Server Based Computing, and Application Delivery; with experience in network/server security, Network Optimization, Business Continuity, quality customer service and service contracts. Able to effectively analyze technology needs, implement, and maintain the systems, solutions, and applications necessary for productive business operations. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
Quanta Services, Houston, TX July 2016 – Present
Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Responsible for leading the research and development that aligns technology and business initiatives. Integrate new and existing technology solutions, create technical solutions design, define, and oversee implementation. Responsible for balancing architectural concerns of the projects with concerns of the overall IT Infrastructure.
Quanta Services, Houston, TX April 2016 – June 2016
Sr. Systems Engineer - VMware
Responsible for design and implementation of private cloud solution for Quanta Corp and its operating units. Work with Infrastructure services to assist in various projects.
Logix Communications, Houston, TX October 2014 – March 2016
Lead Systems Engineer
- As the Lead Systems Engineer I'm responsible for analyzing, planning, and implementing IT Infrastructure including network, storage, compute, and security. I work closely with management and the IT Infrastructure team to provide optimal solutions for the entire Infrastructure estate.
Logix Communications, Houston, TX September 2012 – October 2014
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Manage and maintain Virtualization environment consisting of VMware & Microsoft Hypervisors. VMware farm consists of three ESXi 4.1 servers and vCenter 4.1. Three 2008 R2 Hyper-V host servers running CORE with SCVMM 2012. Storage is an HP 4300 in network RAID providing 39TB of usable storage.
- Architect for App-V deployment in full infrastructure mode. The solution consists of a management server, streaming server, and SQL back-end. App-V clients are running 4.6 SP2 and server is 4.5.
- Assist with other infrastructure applications like AD, Exchange 2010, 2008 R2 RDS, and Lync 2010.
- Played major role for Hosted Exchange cloud offering. Responsible for the SLB & GSLB using four A10 AX1030 Application Delivery Controllers in HA pairs. SLB is implemented for OWA, Outlook Anywhere, and ActiveSync for Exchange 2010 SP2.
BG Group, Houston, TX June 2011 – September 2012
Infrastructure Applications Engineer
- Technical lead for Citrix Access Gateway deployment using Netscaler MPX 7500. Global deployment using GSLB and Load Balancing of internal servers. Netscalers’ service US, Brazil, UK, Singapore, Kazakhstan, and Australia. The solution is highly reliable and provides fault tolerance with service level monitoring. The gateway is configured for use with three separate Citrix Farms including PS4.5, XenApp 6 & XenApp 6.5.
- Lead Architect for recursive DNS solution that provides DNS security and honeypot services for IT Security. Solution is integrated with SYSLOG and Active Directory DNS.
- Responsible for evaluation, recommendation and installation of global application whitelisting solution to monitor and secure global Windows 2008 R2 Domain Controllers. Solution consists of VMware hardened appliance running in a cluster configuration with a web UI. Server agents were deployed using Altiris install package.
- Responsible for global infrastructure applications including Server Security, Systems Monitoring, Unstructured data archiving, Windows Services, and IPAM
- Assist in systems management using VMware vCenter 5.0, Symantec SEP 11 Manager, HP Altiris, SCOM
Transwestern., Houston, TX Jan 2006 – June 2011
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for managing and maintaining entire corporate network which consisted of a managed private MPLS Network connecting 29 Corporate Offices across the continental United States, and over 150 smaller properties that connect via VPN. The systems included a Hyper-V virtual farm consisting of 4 Host Servers running production applications/services and 3 Host Servers for Testing/Development. A Citrix PS 4 Farm consisting of 14 servers providing multiple applications accessed from custom Application Portal.
- Lead Architect for UAG Direct Access solution that provided secure instant VPN access to internal network resources. Deployment consisted of PKI remediation and configuration of Microsoft UAG 2010 SP1 and Active Directory GPO’s
- Technical lead for WAN Acceleration project. Responsible for making technical recommendation and implementation of solution. Implemented a Juniper solution consisting of WXC 2600 & 3400 appliances to increase network performance for sites with low bandwidth.
- Manage/Support 14 Juniper SSG-320M Firewalls across the network using Juniper Network Security Manager (NSM). Responsible for Routing, NAT, Webfilter, Anti-Virus, SSL VPN, and Firewall Policies.
- Technical lead for the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity plan. Assisted in determining best solution and implementation. Managed data/server replication between Houston Datacenter (Production) to Bethesda Datacenter (DR). Utilizing DoubleTake Software, DFS-R replication, and SAN replication. Responsible for the Technical facets of the documentation which included step by step instructions on performing failover events of all major platforms supported.
- Technical lead for server consolidation effort which consisted in deploying a Dell EqualLogic PS Series iSCSI SAN, 10GB Switch, 4 DELL PowerEdge R710 Servers, and 3 DELL PowerEdge 2950 Host Servers. This project allowed Transwestern to convert 76 physical servers into Virtual Servers reducing overall operating cost and increasing performance and reliability.
- Upgraded aging systems monitoring with modern service level monitoring solution. The system was used to monitor servers, network equipment, and services using SNMP v2.0, WMI, and AppFlow. Network traffic and bandwidth utilization including packet analysis was also used for troubleshooting and monitoring. Deployed Microsoft System Center for managing Hyper-V Environment.
Clear Creek ISD., League City, TX May 2002 – Nov 2005
Network Engineer/Programmer Analyst
- Setup MTA which provides Virus Scan and Spam Control checks at the gateway using Postfix Mail Server running on Red Hat 3.0 ES with McAfee Virus Scan and SpamAssassin
- Configure/Maintain Nortel Switches and Content filtering system. Assisted in Design of Network/Systems topology.
- Setup IDS (Intrusion Detection System) to analyze and capture potential security threats. The system runs on OpenBSD 3.3 and runs SNORT a well-know detection agent. The system is also used to trouble-shoot network issues/problems.
- Setup MRTG to graph bandwidth usage. Both Internet and local network traffic.
- Developed many custom back-end applications including Employee Intranet that allows for secure login authentication against AD (Active Directory), Curriculum Management System, database-driven “school sites” that allows each school to maintain their websites up-to-date using web forms. Developed custom Windows Service to monitor MSSQL Database and other server events.
- Assisted in development of custom HR Personnel Action Notice System (PAN). This system is used to replace a paper based process that required paper based forms to be routed through the district to track changes to employee status; changes like new hires, leaves, etc. The system was developed using classic ASP for the web front-end and the .NET Framework was used to develop a custom module to synchronize data from our legacy systems to our MS SQL Servers. This application completely replaced a manual paper process.
- Developed a Contract Management application for the district’s purchasing department to track all district contracts and vendors. The system is tied to a legacy application running in a UNIX Environment. The data is exported via custom scripts and then imported on a nightly basis. The application tracks all PO’s against their respective contract and also tracks any updates/changes made on the main application. It is a 100% web-based application written in Classic ASP with a MS SQL Backend.
Gigxchange Inc., Houston, TX January 2000 – March 2002
Director of Application Development
- Led development of an exchange application for bandwidth trading. Analyzed commodities/bandwidth trading business models of Fortune 500 companies. Performed differential analysis of Gigx business model with that of other organizations. Presented business justification for differences in models and finalized the Gigx “go live” business model. Acquired technology and necessary human capital to develop and implement application.
- Responsible for purchase of the appropriate hardware to provide real-time or near real-time bandwidth provisioning.
- Application – Analyzed several trading software and made final recommendation to purchase exchange platform to provide the front-end trading.
- In charge of development team tasked with design and implementation of middleware application to ensure proper functionality of trading platform.
- Participated in the development of the Business/Trading Rules for the exchange.
I360, Houston, TX March 1999 – January 2000
- Responsible for overseeing the management of up to 4 projects simultaneously. Ensure projects remain within budget, time parameters, and scope. Coordinate research and analysis of projects from conception to development, implementation, and production.
- Maintained integrity of technology infrastructure both internally and externally. Analyzed client’s needs and recommended appropriate hardware, software and security. Ensure minimal outages and downtime for services. Provided top rated availability for all webservers/mailservers. Provided support for all applications designed/developed by i360. Regularly monitor systems and apply appropriate patches to servers.
Netropolis Communications, Houston, TX October 1997 – December 1999
- Maintained and managed mail servers running IMAIL, web servers (IIS 4.X), FTP Servers, and MS SQL Servers (MSSQL 2000) that housed 300+ websites. Responsible for system security, user account management, and software upgrades.
- Worked closely with application developers to deliver custom websites/applications.
- Technical lead in custom web-based applications developed using ASP technologies.
SKILLS AND SPECIALTIES
Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, Hyper-V 2008/2012 R2, VMM 2012, Active Directory, RDS, IIS 7.x/8.x, DFS-R/Namespace, Certificate Authority Services (PKI), WSUS, UAG 2010 SP1, PowerShell, VBscript, WMI, SNMP, VMware ESXi 5.x/6.0 vCenter, VMware SRM 5.x, Citrix PS 4.5/XenApp 6.X, DELL PowerConnect Switches, DELL PowerEdge Servers, Equalogics PS Series SAN, NetApp, Tegile Zebi, other NAS/SAN, HP DL380 G7 & G8, Juniper Networks SSG Firewalls, Juniper WXC, NSM 2010.4, Fortinet Firewalls, Citrix Netscaler MPX 7500 and VPX, Citrix Command Center 5.0, ITIL v2.